Scones to Eat

Monday 1 June 2015

“ I have a sweet tooth but this has been causing me problems lately. Having been diagnosed with gallstones anything with too much fat in it makes me feel very sick and in a bit of pain.
 I have had to adjust my diet to a low fat diet but if I sneak the occasional treat in now and again I am ok. I  fancied something sweet so decided on scones as these do not have too much fat content in them.
I did a batch of plain scones and a batch with cherries in them.

Here is the recipe

200g self raising flour
30g margarine
30g sugar
120ml of milk ( add a little more if needed)

fruit or cherries are optional,  I added 40g of cherries to the scones mix

Method
Mix the marg and flour together until they look like fine breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and mix in well, now add the fruit if you decide to add it. Stir in the milk with a knife until it starts to come together to form a ball. Lightly shape it into a ball and roll out to 1/4" thick on a lightly floured cooking board.

Put in a pre-heated oven gas mark 5 and cook until they are golden on top.

Cool and enjoy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs