Why Yoghurts Makers Are So Good

Wednesday 4 February 2015



“ I have had to alter my diet this year due to problems and remembered that as a child my mum had a yoghurt maker, the one that you plugged in. I found this one which was on offer at £12 and had good reviews.
I have been using it every week for the last 9 months and love it. It is so easy to use and works out much cheaper to make them yourself in the long run. You can also add your own ingredients such as fruit, nuts etc. I use the ice cream syrups and drizzle a bit of that on top, honey is also yummy.

I start off by sterilizing the jars and lids in a jug of  freshly boiled water. Place them on a clean tea towel and let them air dry. Once dry I put 1 5og carton of natural yoghurt in a mixing bowl and add 2 heaped tblsp of semi skimmed milk powder ( this helps it thicken more). Whisk it together then add 1 litre of milk and mix well.
Now pour the mix into the jars, place the lids and switch on. I switch it on for 7 hours. As it hardly uses any electric it is cheap. When the time is up put them straight in the fridge and once cool are ready to eat.

When you come to make the following batch just us one of the jars and continue in the same way. I put an s on one of the lids for the starter. You can buy a larger unit to make more in one go but this size suited me fine.

You will be amazed by how much better they taste . I also use them for baking with and in currys.











No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs