Art by shelikethis

Thursday 4 June 2015

 Today I am featuring a wonderful lady that I have befriended through selling myself on Etsy. From someone that isn't good at art myself I admire her work and her gift which seems to shine through her work. There is something for everyone from bookmarks, journals, felt and beaded brooches to modern wall art you will be never be short of gift ideas. If you like what I picked and want to see her visit her shop here https://www.etsy.com/shop/shelikesthis



 Just one of Ali's beautiful journals


I love creating with colour and texture, mixed with a little fun.
Selling on-line means that I am free to create art wherever my heart leads, it also enables me to be involved in the whole process from my studio to you.I love creating with colour and texture, mixed with a little fun.
My usual week normally takes me into town at least one day where I indulge myself in my favourite museums often sketching and looking longingly at my favourite pictures.. maybe a Renoir, Degas or Cezanne not missing the only Modigliani in the collection….dreams are so sweet!
I draw every day, my art materials, papers and paints, are always out ready to use. I do have far too much stuff, loads of quirky things, bits of old wood, odd shaped stones, feathers, bits of curled up papers, fabric threads, odd bits and pieces that are just far too yummy to not pick up and treasure.
I love to take time out to have my favourite goats milk latte mid-morning and quietly watch the world moving around. Surprising what thoughts and inspiration that brings.
Afternoon usually seeing me settling into more serious painting usually working on 2, 3,or 4 paintings at any one time.
If I am not painting you’ll find me involved with a textile project, maybe designing and making a new quilt or creating an textile art piece, maybe making more fabric beads.
In my spare time I make books not only my sketch books but beautifully bound arty books (my latest was using those wooden coffee stirrers) great fun….
I photograph the world around me as well as sketching, often old walls, doors, windows and great textures. I do like to add to these and use my imagination to create my own style in my work.
I like to have projects. I’m just starting a new project, which will be on my blog site http://blog.painting.me.uk/
I have just finished doing a daily sketch for a year also on my blog.
Inspiration is usually things I seen around me or ideas I’m trying to work out, usually a few at a time."

 Water colour Painting

 Bookmarks by Ali which are suitable for all age groups.
  Felt and beaded brooches

Postcards

1 comment :

  1. wonderful feature Anita so very pleased to be part of your Fabulous blog Ali.

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs