Chicken Casserole Slow Cooker Recipe

Wednesday 5 November 2014

This is one of my own recipes and is delicious.]

Serves 4 - 5 

Ingredients

2 large carrots
1 Red Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
Pinch of Paprika ( optional )
 4 - 5 Shallots - ( you can use 1 large normal onion instead if preferred )
3 Large Chicken Breast Fillets or 4 smaller ones
I Green Pepper
1 x Chicken Stock Cube
Plain Flour - for coating the chicken
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes


Method

Dice the carrots, red onion, green pepper and garlic
Cut the shallots in halve.
Cut the chicken fillets up into even sized pieces.

Now dip the diced chicken into the plain flour until well coated.

Put all of the ingredients into the slow cooker ( if it tells you in your manuel to switch your slow cooker on for 15 mins before adding ingredients do it. Mine doesn't so I just put mine in).  Add the tin of tomatoes.

Make up your chicken stock - how much will depend on the size of your slow cooker but you need to make sure that the veg is covered.

Sprinkle a bit of paprika over it and switch on for 8 hours on high.

If your stock isn't thick enough either add some plain flour or cornflour  to it or mix in some gravy granules which is what I do.

Serve with potatoes.

For quickness I prepare the veg at night to save time in the morning. I also use a food processor to slice the veg. I do this as my son won't each
vegetables other can carrots and this way he eats the lot and doesn't realise what he is eating.

If you have some left over what I do is add some chunky vegetables to it the next day and you have a delicious chunky chicken winter soup.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs